Photos and text by Walter Grio.
2012 without doubt was an unbelievable year for Fashiontographer. Between events in Paris, Berlin, New York, Chicago, Seattle, and DC, to raising money for the Shoot for Change Scholarship at American Ballet Theatre and meeting Anna Wintour, 2012 has simply been phenomenal.
And it was truly amazing to finally be approved by the Fédération Française de la Couture to cover and photograph Paris Fashion Week. I’m very excited to see where Fashiontographer is headed and where it will be in 2013 – only because of the team involved and the support we get from all of you. For everything that you do, thank you.
* Completely funded The Shoot for Change Scholarship for one student to attend the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at American Ballet Theatre
* Met ANNA WINTOUR, Editor-in-Chief of Vogue
* Covered fashion weeks in Berlin, New York, and Paris, including shows like Chanel, Elie Saab, and a cocktail reception for Akris
* Launched the Gift of Life Project, Fashiontographer, and moved to Washington DC
* Hosted District of Fashion events with JIMMY CHOO, Nival Salon & Spa, L2 Lounge, and the Peacock Café in DC; and The Triple Door in Seattle
* Raised over $14,000 for 7 nonprofit organizations which included two photo exhibits and a trip to the American Ballet Theatre Spring Gala
* Established the Fashiontographer team
* Get over 80,000 followers on Facebook
* Received approval to cover Paris Haute Couture in 2013